Monday, March 19, 2018

The nature of true Apostleship

Nature of true Apostleship 
S- 1COR 4 NIV
The Nature of True Apostleship
4 This, then, is how you ought to regard us: as servants(A) of Christ and as those entrusted(B) with the mysteries(C) God has revealed.   2 Now it is required that those who have been given a trust must prove faithful.   3 I care very little if I am judged by you or by any human court; indeed, I do not even judge myself.   4 My conscience(A) is clear, but that does not make me innocent.(B) It is the Lord who judges me.(C)   5 Therefore judge nothing(A) before the appointed time; wait until the Lord comes.(B) He will bring to light(C) what is hidden in darkness and will expose the motives of the heart. At that time each will receive their praise from God.(D) 

O - Paul here is describing clearly what it means to be an Apostle of Christ.   It serves as an example to all of though, that we ought to understand that we have given our life’s to Christ, and that means giving up all of our self-rights, in favor of being a servant of Christ.  Paul points out where his confidence comes from, and that is that God has chosen him, and revealed the mysteries of the faith, and since he was entrusted him must prove trustworthy to God, and his faith must prove true.    It is from this proven faith and knowledge of who Christ is, that Paul is able to set aside himself,  and no longer worry about who is judging him, or even judging himself.    He also explains it is not His place to judge, but simply wait on the Lord. 

A - The application for me is to strive to be like Paul, whose confidence come from being disciple of Christ.  Christ has set me free,  lives in me, and is helping me step by step,  yet I still lack the faith that Paul had.  I lake the trust in Christ, as is evident by my moments of fear and anxiety and lack of confidence.   I need to believe what God has promised and delivered, that He has a plan for me.  I am chosen, and called, and need to walk in the shadow of His lordship.   That alone should be my confidence.  Not in my own ability or talent, or position but rather in the fact He is with me.  

P - Dear Heavenly Father,  thank you for this opportunity to serve you.  I am so thankful for your salvation,  for you living in my heart, and for your love and grace.  Lord I need help though getting over myself,  walking in fear,  reacting in anger,  and making it about me and not about you, and those you are trying to reach with your message of love and grace.   I pray Lord you would heal whatever hurt/scar that is preventing me from following you in all my leadership opportunities at work.  



No comments:

Post a Comment