Friday, March 23, 2018

Laying down my right to br right

Laying down my right to be right
S- 1 COR 8 (NIV)Concerning Food Sacrificed to Idols8 Now about food sacrificed to idols:(A) We know that “We all possess knowledge.”(B) But knowledge puffs up while love builds up.   2 Those who think they know something(A) do not yet know as they ought to know.(B)   3 But whoever loves God is known by God.[a](A) 

O - Here Paul is teaching specifically about food sacrificed to idol, but he outlines a important principal about the difference between possessing knowledge and having love.     We can possess the knowledge of what is right and wrong, but more important is love.   Therefore Paul comes to the conclusion that he knows there is only one God, and that idols are idols and have no real power, and therefore food sacrificed to idols is not necessarily sinful to eat, however if it causes someone else to stumble in their relationship with God he would gladly give up his right to be right.   That is because loving others is more important than being right.

A - And that is the application for me , remember Joe,  loving others, showing God’s love for them, is more important than being right.  So if I am going to represent Christ, I must lay down my right to be right, and show love.


P - Dear Heavenly Father help rid me of my pride and help me humble my self and love others.  I confess I have not been steward the people you have given me to love well, and I pray you would help me rid my anger and frustration, and replace it with your peace, so that I may display Christ’s love for them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment