Wednesday, February 28, 2018

Come on Joe, just love


 S 1 COR 13NIV
13 If I speak in the tongues[a](A) of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal.   2 If I have the gift of prophecy(A) and can fathom all mysteries(B) and all knowledge,(C) and if I have a faith(D) that can move mountains,(E) but do not have love, I am nothing.   3 If I give all I possess to the poor(A) and give over my body to hardship that I may boast,[a](B) but do not have love, I gain nothing.   4 Love is patient,(A) love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud.(B)   5 It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking,(A) it is not easily angered,(B) it keeps no record of wrongs.(C)   6 Love does not delight in evil(A) but rejoices with the truth.(B)   7 It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.(A)   8 Love never fails. But where there are prophecies,(A) they will cease; where there are tongues,(B) they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away.   9 For we know in part(A) and we prophesy in part,   10 but when completeness comes,(A) what is in part disappears.   11 When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put the ways of childhood(A) behind me.   12 For now we see only a reflection as in a mirror;(A) then we shall see face to face.(B) Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.(C)   13 And now these three remain: faith, hope and love.(A) But the greatest of these is love.(B) 


O - I appreciate that Pastor Wayne knows how critical it is to read 1 COR 13 more than just a couple times a year. It always catches me off guard because it is not in order of the readings but it is timely.  Because as it turns out every two to three months I need to be reminded that the most important thing is love.  I need to be reminded because the stress and pressure of this fallen and broken world will lead us to focus on the urgent and not important stuff. 

No comments:

Post a Comment