Monday, February 13, 2017

Thankful for restoration

S - Acts 20

10 Paul went down, threw himself on the young man and put his arms around him. “Don’t be alarmed,” he said. “He’s alive!” 11 Then he went upstairs again and broke bread and ate. After talking until daylight, he left. 12 The people took the young man home alive and were greatly comforted.

O-  My observation of this passage where Paul heals a dead man,  is juxtaposed to the Leviticus passage of priestly uncleanliness and the limitiations if a priest came in contact with the dead or unclean.   I was praying through the scripture in Leviticus asking God to reveal to me why there were some many rules and restrictions.  He answer by explaining the results of sin and separation from the time off Adam and Eve , who had few restrictions,  resulted in the a world that had perverted Gods creation.  The rules provided needed guidelines for protection and safety of Gods people.   When Jesus came, and took away the consequences of sin, and restored those who followed Him, the less restrictive lifestyle of Adam and Eve is being restored.   Here we see Paul seeing the dead as not something to be avoided, but guided by the Holy Spirit something to be healed, and used to testify the to God's glory.  In fact he was not ceremonial unclean as a result of touching the dead, but just the opposite was able to celebrate witht the people.

A - The application for me is to be thankful I live , redeemed and restored by Christ and it is not a burden at all to follow Him.  In  reflection I am to live knowing that I live in a world filled with sin, that produces things far from God plan for us, and therefore must remain under God's umbrella of salvation in order to survive the content of the sin society around me. 

P-  Dear heavenly Father, thank you for the message of hope and restoration you have given me.  Lord I pray that you would guide Abby and I in this season for preparation and restoration.  Restore our marriage to its wholeness,  restore our leadership of our home and children, and prepare us for the season ahead.    Embolden me to lead once again, with your love and your wisdom guiding us.   In Jesus name I pray, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment