Thursday, February 16, 2017

Confession - a reset opportunity

S - Ĺev 26

40 “‘But if they will confess their sins and the sins of their ancestors—their unfaithfulness and their hostility toward me, 41 which made me hostile toward them so that I sent them into the land of their enemies—then when their uncircumcised hearts are humbled and they pay for their sin, 42 I will remember my covenant with Jacob and my covenant with Isaac and my covenant with Abraham, and I will remember the land.

O-  Confession is such a big part of having a relationship with God.  This passage is a message from God to the people of Israel after he has brought them out of slavery in Egypt.     He see's that even under those awesome circumstances of salvation the people have a wandering heart, and sinful hands.    Part of what he has set up so He can live amongst them and lead them, is a means for them to get right with God, and this in part is understanding and admitting where they have departed from God's way and gone their own way.  

A - The application for me is to recognize I need to continue to examine myself, confess my sins when they occur, and as he describes, even confess the sins of my ancestors  before me.   That means to me that though I have been saved and filled with God's spirit, I am still sinning in my heart, and even with my hands.  Today my sins are not serving my wife and children well, giving into to idols such as t.v.  From my family I believe I carry the sin of unforgiveness, a propensity to not honor the marriage covenant well.

P -   Lord I confess all these things so that I may once again be right with you, and able to hear your voice and follow your ways for my life.  I have battled the depression which makes me vulnerable to satan's attack, and have allow myself to be vulnerable by isolating myself from others, I know this is wrong. I pray Lord that you would heal my depression, and show me your ways, and once again revitalize the spirit in me of love, and service unto you and others.  I pray this in Jesus name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment