Wednesday, February 8, 2017

Gods grace

S -Acts 13
Brothers, you know that some time ago God made a choice among you that the Gentiles might hear from my lips the message of the gospel and believe. 8 God, who knows the heart, showed that he accepted them by giving the Holy Spirit to them, just as he did to us. 9 He did not discriminate between us and them, for he purified their hearts by faith. 10 Now then, why do you try to test God by putting on the necks of Gentiles a yoke that neither we nor our ancestors have been able to bear? 11 No! We believe it is through the grace of our Lord Jesus that we are saved, just as they are.”

O -  The observation is that feeling of relief and thankfulness for it is by God's grace we are saved.   Grace being undeserved favor and forgiveness.   This is a passage from Peter speaking amogntst the elders in the church as to whether the gentiles had to first become jewish (more specifically circumsized) and then they could be saved.  In God's wisdom he had given Peter the experience with having spoken the Gospel to the gentile family that sent for him, and they accepted Christ, and the Holy Spirit came upon them.  

A -  The application is first for me to be grateful for the grace of God.  As at times I sit identifying my own sins and shortcomings,  I can still receive God's grace  and love.  I know I am not to live in my sin, but the weight and burden it lifts knowing I am not perfect and make many mistakes,  and God still loves me and is with me.  

P - Dear Lord, thank you for you love and grace.  I pray Lord that your love and grace would continue to transform me into the man you have created me to be and are calling me to be.  I pray all this in Jesus name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment