Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Correcting back to love

S  - 1 cor 13

4 Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5 It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7 It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.
8 Love never fails.

O-  I know our devotions go to this love chapter for a reason, and Paul goes here for a reason as well.  Love is God, and God is love, and in love lies the perfect plan of God.   It is here that Paul reminds us of the attributes of love, because we are God's instruments of love and need to behave accordingly.  Not just to discipline ourselves to do the things of love, like being kind, not easily angered,  not keep record of wrongs,  etc,  because this is both the character of our God and the character our hearts should desire to portray.

A -  I confess I lost sight of God's love for me and my love for others according to the scripture.  I would start with my wife and kids, and move outward to members of the church and into the workplace and the world around me.    I confess I have let envy, self seeking, anger,   and keeping records of wrongs to taint my perspective of life and my attitude toward others.

P - Dear lord,  forgive me for having wandered from the love you have shown me, and not carrying forward in my love of others.  I pray Lord that you ignite the fire in me o be a agood and faithful follower who loves my wife, kids, friends, and those in my life well.  I pray all this in Jesus name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment