Thursday, February 9, 2017

Gods instrument in the Gospel is us

S acts 16
13 On the Sabbath we went outside the city gate to the river, where we expected to find a place of prayer. We sat down and began to speak to the women who had gathered there. 14 One of those listening was a woman from the city of Thyatira named Lydia, a dealer in purple cloth. She was a worshiper of God. The Lord opened her heart to respond to Paul’s message. 15 When she and the members of her household were baptized, she invited us to her home. “If you consider me a believer in the Lord,” she said, “come and stay at my house.” And she persuaded us

O -  Paul was on his missionary trips to various cities outside Jerusalem, and where he went he preached the Gospel not always knowing who would respond.  He began by preaching in public places, the Gospel,  and the Lord did the work of helping to open people's heart to the message.  We see that in this case, where Lydia who already worshipped God , but had never heard the Gospel.  

A - The application for me is to be open and intentional like Paul to preach the Gospel where ever I am.   I must be sensitive to where the Holy Spirit is leading me, and even perhaps leading me away from, because God has a plan for those he calls to know the Gospel and receive his grace and forgiveness.    I must not worry about transforming their minds on the subject of God , but know that is His role, mine is to be obedient and share.

P - Dear Lord thank you for the Gospel, and great example with men like Paul.   Lord I confess I feel unqualified and unworthy to  be a instrument to deliver the Gospel, but I trust in your love and Paul's example, that it is not about me but those you are trying to reach.   I pray for strength and courage to carry out the call you have for me.  I pray all this in Jesus name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment