Saturday, December 6, 2014

Think of Excellence and Truth

S - Phil 4:8-9 (NASB)

8Finally, brethren, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is of good repute, if there is any excellence and if anything worthy of praise, dwell on these things. 9The things you have learned and received and heard and seen in me, practice these things, and the God of peace will be with you.

O -  Paul's exhortation in Philipians 4 is not only "be anxious for nothing"  but to do this through prayer and trust in God, and by focusing on Excellence and Truth.   The trials of this world, and specifically those trying to lead a life in Christ, has both resolution (Christ's completed work) and means to the end.  

A - I am thankful for these words of reminder to focus on what is excellent.  I throughout my life have fallen into deep pits of being anxious, and had God remind me to pray through them and trust in Him.   The second lesson I usually need to be reminded of is that I need to focus on truth and excellence.  When anxiousness takes over me,  I can often only see that which is not excellent in my life, and am very susceptible to untruth's perceived or received.   I am even reminded that when it is not me going through the anxiousness I must encourage other, especially my wife, to focus on the truth and the excellence in who she is.

P - Dear heavenly Father, thank you for today's lesson, may it be sealed to my heart.  I pray Lord that you would continue to speak truth and excellence into my life.  I thank you for the gift of grace, and forgiveness, I pray that you help me lead and guide my wife in this season well.  I pray all this in Jesus name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment