Sunday, December 14, 2014

Free myself from the temptation of control and money

S - Hebrews 13:5-6 (NASB)
5Make sure that your character is free from the love of money, being content with what you have; for He Himself has said, "I will never desert younor will I ever forsakeyou,"
6so that we confidently say,
"The Lord is my helper, I will not be afraid.
What will man do to me?"

O -  The message from the author is that we are not to get drawn back into the world, now that we have be saved and found a new place of contentment, peace, and provision.  But the world will tempt us again,  but if we trust in God's promises we never have to fear the changing sands of this world.

A -  The application for me is real and relevant today, and forever more.  Today I face the wind storms of doubt, and opinion, and conjecture and fear regarding my career.  Today I seek the opinions of others, those I trust, some in authority, and finally of my God who leads me.  I reminded gracefully that there is only one who can lead me through this season.  It is my Father who is heaven sitting on the throne; His son, who intercedes for me, and made a way for the Holy Spirit to dwell in me and guide my every step.

P  -  Lord I surrender all, today, now, and forever.  The path that wanders from you and is full of self reliance, and worldly distraction is one full of fear and doubt.  I seek to now to follow you and  your ways.  I pray Lord for peace and confidence to act in accordance with your will and to correct my behavior to that of peace and love for those you put in my life.




No comments:

Post a Comment