Monday, December 8, 2014

God's abundance grace and mercy

S -  1 TIM 1:13-14 (NASB)
Yet I was shown mercy because I acted ignorantly in unbelief; 14and the grace of our Lord was more than abundant, with the faith and love which are found in Christ Jesus.

O - Paul here confesses his past, even as a Pharisee' he sinned against God, and fought against God's plan.   Confessing his own unbelief and ignorance of the truth he helps us all understand just how great and abundant God's grace and love are. 

A -  The application for me is to recognize just how fortunate I am to have had God's grace.   I like Paul was confident in my beliefs and convictions when I was young and did not know Christ.  But now today I realize even more each year how short I fall.   I am both convicted and victorious at the same time today.  Victorious over what I could never win, convicted because I exceedingly want to please and obey Christ in me. 

P - Dear heavenly Father, thank you for continuing to do a good work in me , during this season of change and growth.  I pray for a cleansing of my old ways that lead me to sin against my fellow man and not witness your love and grace.  I pray that you would help me lead my wife and daughters well in this season.

No comments:

Post a Comment