Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Wisdom of God

S JOB 12:12 NASB

"Wisdom is with aged men, With long life is understanding.

O  -  It is interesting to hear this Proverb coming from Job's mouth in the middle of his trials.  Job is so complete in describing his suffering and experience when being tested by the devil, that we get to experience his spiritual, emotional, and physical journey.  On this day it looks like Job in having discourse with his so called friends who are trying to tell him he or his family must have some sort of sin and need to repent to God, they go as far as implying Job is foolish.  Likely these same friends had been living in the shadow of Job's prosperity for many years, and to see Job in this sorrowful state gave them an opportunity to criticize rather than support him while in need of comfort.    Job's reply was likely to them who would give him poor advice on what he should do.  He simply stated, I have been walking with God for many years, and my wisdom and understanding guide me today, and I will go with what I know of God, and from God in deciding my response, not of men that have little wisdom and understanding.

A -  The application for me is to understand that in order to claim wisdom and understanding, I must spend years walking with God, and not when the time comes, avoid the tendency to listen to unwise advice. I too easily can get caught up in what other think and say, and internal reacting to their thoughts and opinions.  As I have grown older and more experienced I am gaining a confidence in my relationship with God, his Word in my life, and the sum of my experiences.

P - Dear heavenly father, thank you for the years of speaking into my life, and shaping my wisdom and understanding.  Lord I pray that I would humbly process this idea of being wise, and boldly follow your wisdom, and would filter those who would speak distracting thoughts and ideas.  I pray this in Jesus name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment