Saturday, October 4, 2014

Disciplining sin

S LUK 17:3-4 NASB
Be on your guard! If your brother sins, rebuke him; and if he repents, forgive him.  And if he sins against you seven times a day, and returns to you seven times, saying, 'I repent,' forgive him."

O -  Jesus, thank you for your word and commandment.  You have high standards,  and great grace.  God is a god of righteousness and one of forgiveness.   Jesus is speaking to his disciples who are about to start the first church, and Jesus knows even though we are saved from eternal death through His sacrifice, we are not spared from living a life of excellence.  Excellence in loving God, and loving others.   We love God when we obey him.  We make mistakes,  others will make mistake in our life, if they are repentant we are to forgive them.  If they are not, we are to rebuke them.

A - The application is timely, as I am facing many disciplinary actions at my work place.   Ones in which I am accountable to decide is the person guilty of sin,  repentant of that sin, and given the facts what discipline or grace am I to show.  Today I am convinced to follow God's word in these decision.  I must obey the just and righteous laws that are passed and with a humbleness be ready to forgive.

P - Dear heavenly Father, thank  you for today's lesson, may it be sealed to my heart. 


No comments:

Post a Comment