Friday, October 3, 2014

Serve the God of the universe, not the god of wealth

S LUK 16:10-13 NASB
"He who is faithful in a very little thing is faithful also in much; and he who is unrighteous in a very little thing is unrighteous also in much.  Therefore if you have not been faithful in the use of unrighteous wealth, who will entrust the true riches to you?  And if you have not been faithful in the use of that which is another's, who will give you that which is your own?  No servant can serve two masters; for either he will hate the one and love the other, or else he will be devoted to one and despise the other. You cannot serve God and wealth."

O - It is never too many times I need to be reminded that I am here to serve God and not strive for wealth.  The paradox of course that Jesus delivers is that being faithful more than working hard  with a little is what allows God to entrust you with more of His wealth to steward.  The commandment to to serve the one true God and  to put no other god before Him is one that challenges even those called out by God to lead His people.   This was the case of the Pharisees, the nation of Israel, and of course at time me.

A - The application for me is to be humbled by the truth of my weaknesses, and to be thankful for the saving Grace of Christ.  I know turn my eyes, hands, and heart toward the Lord.

P - Dear heavenly Father thank  you for today's lesson, message, and conviction, may it be sealed to my heart.  I pray this in Jesus name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment