Sunday, September 14, 2014

Correcting back to the One True God

S - EZK 37:3-10 NASB
He said to me, "Son of man, can these bones live?" And I answered, "O Lord God , You know." Again He said to me, "Prophesy over these bones and say to them, 'O dry bones, hear the word of the L ord .' Thus says the Lord G od to these bones, 'Behold, I will cause breath to enter you that you may come to life. I will put sinews on you, make flesh grow back on you, cover you with skin and put breath in you that you may come alive; and you will know that I am the Lord .'"   So I prophesied as I was commanded; and as I prophesied, there was a noise, and behold, a rattling; and the bones came together, bone to its bone. And I looked, and behold, sinews were on them, and flesh grew and skin covered them; but there was no breath in them. Then He said to me, "Prophesy to the breath, prophesy, son of man, and say to the breath, 'Thus says the Lord God , "Come from the four winds, O breath, and breathe on these slain, that they come to life."'" So I prophesied as He commanded me, and the breath came into them, and they came to life and stood on their feet, an exceedingly great army.

O - Ezekial is prophesying of the restoration of the exiled nation and tribes of Israel.   After many words of justice and consequences being prophesied,  the Lord shows his character of Grace, and trustworthiness in His promise.    God's people have a tendency to forget over time He is the Lord of lords.  They begin leaning on there own understanding, and adopting false gods and listening to false prophets, vice seeking the Lord.    So the Lord through this prophesy is about to show them he is Lord over even these dry bones, and with His word and His breadth he can restore and give life.

A - The application for me personally is to recognize my own tendency to slowly wander away from the Lord and to begin to put my ideas before His plans, and begin to dedicate my efforts to lesser things (my personal gods) and not focused on His Kingdom things.   I need to self reflect on my current situation and correct back to a daily thought and decision life which is not based on my feelings, emotions, fears, and accolades, but on the very word of God and prompting of the Holy Spirit.

P - Dear heavenly Father, thank you for today's devotion.  Thank you for answered prayer, that I might restore and reconnect my engagment with your word and with your Holy Spirit.  I pray for a correction back to your ways, and your things for my life. I pray all this in Jesus name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment