Monday, September 15, 2014

On earth, as it is in heaven

S - REV 20:4-6 NASB
Then I saw thrones, and they sat on them, and judgment was given to them. And I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded because of their testimony of Jesus and because of the word of God, and those who had not worshiped the beast or his image, and had not received the mark on their forehead and on their hand; and they came to life and reigned with Christ for a thousand years. The rest of the dead did not come to life until the thousand years were completed. This is the first resurrection. Blessed and holy is the one who has a part in the first resurrection; over these the second death has no power, but they will be priests of God and of Christ and will reign with Him for a thousand years.

O - There is an order, even in heaven.   For some reason I think we (me) all tend to think of heaven is the perfect place where we are all equal.    Revelations reveals this is not so.  In heaven we are all forgiven and loved,  and have a restored relationship with the Father. But here in revelations we see the first resurrection is that of those who in the last days did not receive the mark of the beast (the last shall be first) and those beheaded fro their testimony of Jesus and the word of God.   I believe the Apostles sat on the thrones in judgement in end times as well.

A -  So what application could there be , besides get beheaded in the name of Christ to be in the first resurrection.  No, quite simply my take away is that our rewards in heaven, is one of service to God and His kingdom.  The level of responsibility and authority we get will be our responses and actions here on earth.  Because "to whom much is given, much is expected".  If on earth we a have done much with our salvation in serving God, then much responsibility in heaven will be given to us.

P - Dear Lord, I pray that you would help me to steward my salvation well.   Show me, and give me courage to serve you at work, at home, and at New Hope.  I pray all this in Jesus name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment