Wednesday, September 17, 2014

God's present and perfect provision

S- REV 22:1-3 NASB
Then he showed me a river of the water of life, clear as crystal, coming from the throne of God and of the Lamb, in the middle of its street. On either side of the river was the tree of life, bearing twelve kinds of fruit, yielding its fruit every month; and the leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations. There will no longer be any curse; and the throne of God and of the Lamb will be in it, and His bond-servants will serve Him;

O -  I was just reflecting how this last chapter in the last book in the bible compares to the first few chapters in the bible.   In the garden of Eden , Adam and Eve lived, in the presence of God, with His perfect provision.  Here in the end,  we see God on Earth, as it is in heaven,  the curse from the fall is lifted, and humanity is once again fully restored. 

A - The application for me is to understand how much of a still fallen, under a curse world I live in.  In good times and bad, God is on His throne.  What I am reminded of though is that even in good times here now, in my daily life, God's provision, while more than sufficient for me to live and serve Him, falls far short of His perfect provision in the end.   I need to live in service and satisfaction of God, but in the promise of things to yet come.

P -  Dear heavenly Father, thank you for the reminder of how temporary my circumstances today are, and help me regain perspective on my life,  and your provision today, and your promise for tomorrow.  I pray all this in Jesus name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment