Monday, September 29, 2014

Store up treasures in Heaven

S LUK 12:15 NASB
Then He said to them, "Beware, and be on your guard against every form of greed; for not even when one has an abundance does his life consist of his possessions."

O - Jesus is teaching a rich man the paradigm shift he is going to have to face in order to inherit the kingdom of God, and not simply build up a kingdom on Earth.  We all will face this daily decision that leads to an eternal decision.  Jesus goes on to tell the story of the farmer who tears down his barns to build bigger ones and store up grain , so he can eventually just relax and kick back enjoy his spoil.  Jesus then ends by telling the rich man to sell everything and follow him.  And there it is the paradox of give up everything and serve others, so that you may have everything you need from the one who provides all.

A - The application for me is to correct back to the heart of Christ.  To not get wrapped up in the wants and perceived riches of this world, but to continue to look for those Jesus wants me to serve.  I must trust in his provision and be like Paul, learning to find confidence, joy, and peace in both times of plenty and time of trial.  Today I am blessed to build the house of the lords provision, to provide for my family, but I must not slow in my service of the Lord while I build.   

P - Dear heavenly Father, thank  you for today's lesson, may it be sealed to my heart. I pray Lord for a correction of my spirit and attitude that is enjoy the riches of this world, causing me to store up here on earth and not investing more in the kingdom of God.  I pray all this in Jesus name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment