Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Proclaiming the good news in bad times

S- Acts 26:2-3 NASB
"In regard to all the things of which I am accused by the Jews, I consider myself fortunate, King Agrippa, that I am about to make my defense before you today; especially because you are an expert in all customs and questions among the Jews; therefore I beg you to listen to me patiently.

O - A continuation of previous devotions on this topics, in Acts 26 we see Paul give King Agrippa his full testimony of his revelation of Christ, and his new found belief in the Gospel.   Not just belief but his calling to be an Apostle to the gentiles.   Here he finds himself in front of one of the most influential leaders in the region, and sharing with him a truth that will one day transform the region and the world.

A -  I continue to be encouraged by this testimony of Paul in sharing Gospel in this last part of his ministry.  The last part being imprisonment, but also the last part likely being the most influential and impactful in spreading the Gospel.    For me this means that I must be mindful and ready to follow the Holy Spirit where ever He leads, and to be ready to proclaim the truth where ever it lies.

P - Dear heavenly Father, thank you for your persistency with me.  I receive your exhortation and guidance through your servant Paul.   I am praying for discernment and boldness to know where and when you would have me act, and the boldness and clearness of words to communicate your truth to the people and organizations that you would have me speak into.  I pray all this in Jesus name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment