Thursday, February 20, 2014

My good shepherd

S- Psalms 23:5-6 NASB
You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies; You have anointed my head with oil; My cup overflows. Surely goodness and lovingkindness will follow me all the days of my life, And I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever.

O-Sometimes our souls just need a refreshing and release from all the tension this world places on us.  David in Psalm 23 likens himself to a sheep and say the Lord is my shepherd,   I am comforted by the one who guides and protects me,   he knows me and gives me rest and provision when I need it.   He leads me through valleys and mountaintops.   Understanding all of that David, who faced many huge life challenges as well as great victories say " My cup overflows",  not only in this life,  but the Lord has an eternal place for me and will be with me forever.   

A - My soul says "Yes"  to David's heart.   My body , and mind are many times weary , even when things are going my way, and I can sense alignment with God's shepherding of my life (less rod than usual).     I reflect on all that God has done already and find myself rejoicing and despite my physical tiredness,  excited and expectant.  Today's application is more of a reminder of thankfulness for my Good Shepherd and all he is doing in my life.

P -  Dear heavenly Father, thank you God for all that you have shepherded me through.   Thank you for guiding me to green pastures,  for correcting me and leading me through the valley times, and for your plan for my future.  I love you Lord,  In Jesus name I pray. 

No comments:

Post a Comment