Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Paul's continued opportunities to testify

S- Acts 25:21-25 NASB
But when Paul appealed to be held in custody for the Emperor's decision, I ordered him to be kept in custody until I send him to Caesar." Then Agrippa said to Festus, "I also would like to hear the man myself." "Tomorrow," he said, "you shall hear him."   So, on the next day when Agrippa came together with Bernice amid great pomp, and entered the auditorium accompanied by the commanders and the prominent men of the city, at the command of Festus, Paul was brought in. Festus said, "King Agrippa, and all you gentlemen here present with us, you see this man about whom all the people of the Jews appealed to me, both at Jerusalem and here, loudly declaring that he ought not to live any longer. But I found that he had committed nothing worthy of death; and since he himself appealed to the Emperor, I decided to send him.

O - God's plan being weaved unknowingly by these Roman leaders has taken Paul from a testimony in Jerusalem where he faced certain death,  to a testimony to a Roman Guard,  to being in front of the Roman governor Festus who he proclaimed the Gospel,  King Agripa,  and an appeal to Caesar.    This is not to boast other than to boast in what the Lord can do with you if you submit your life to Him, not allowing the dark situations discourage you from following the Holy Spirit to testify your witness to man.     

A -  The theme continues to be spoken in testifying through Holy Spirit that I am to be ready to testify the Gospel and its transformative power in my life, and God's grace filled love to those I work with,  to my family, and those I encounter at Church.   

P - Dear Heavenly Father thank you for your continued strength and exhortation to be not afraid of the challenges that lie ahead, to confidently walk into them, and testify to what God would have me speak into.

No comments:

Post a Comment