Monday, December 10, 2012

Renewing a spirit of confidence in me

Renewing a spirit of confidence in me
S - 2 Tim 1:5-7 (NASB)

 For I am mindful of the sincere faith within you, which first dwelt in your grandmother Lois and your mother Eunice, and I am sure that it is in you as well. For this reason I remind you to kindle afresh the gift of God which is in you through the laying on of my hands. For God has not given us a spirit of timidity, but of power and love and discipline.

O -  Paul's encouragement to Timothy here in this letter was likely holy spirit led as I can imagine after years of traveling with and serving under Paul, Timothy now being left alone with some other congregations, may have been facing doubtful moments in his own ministry.  Paul encourages him with words and prayer and a heart inspired reminder of the power of God within him.   

A -  The application for me is to see in this time of flagging confidence in my path,  I am to remember the faith God has imparted to me and the gifts and calling that he has led me to.  

P -  Lord I ask that you renew anew my confidence in you and increase my spirit through the power of your great love.   I pray Lord that you lead me through and out of this season, to a new season where I might act with great peace and confidence and be more effective in helping you.   I pray all this in Jesus name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment