Saturday, December 1, 2012

MY new life in Christ

MY new life in Christ

S -  Romans 5
Therefore, having been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom also we have obtained our introduction by faith into this grace in which we stand; and we exult in hope of the glory of God. And not only this, but we also exult in our tribulations, knowing that tribulation brings about perseverance; and perseverance, proven character; and proven character, hope; and hope does not disappoint, because the love of God has been poured out within our hearts through the Holy Spirit who was given to us.

Romans 8:
37 But in all these things we overwhelmingly conquer through Him who loved us. 38 For I am convinced that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor things present, nor things to come, nor powers, 39 nor height, nor depth, nor any other created thing, will be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

O - My observation is that Romans is a timely and timeless word for me today.  Though Paul is speaking to the Roman believers so that they might understand this unique thing that has happened, salvation through a man, just as condemnation came through a man (Adam).   The law fulfilled  though now free from the implications of the law (our sinfulness).    By faith and not by our own works, we are now on a journey with Christ in us, one of continued character growth along the way, but one that will never go back to the bounds of sin in our life.  For God knows we have further to grow, but never again will it be our flesh but His spirit in us that guides and directs the growth.  Never again are we to be separated from His spirit.

A - The application for me today is the pure and powerful recognition that circumstances in my life will change, but Christ is eternally with me and I am his.  So much of my life was thought and planned from the flesh, and now that I am a new creation , growing in Christ, I continue to shed some of the expectations of my flesh and grown toward the external plans of Christ in my life.  Not that my life is extra ordinary, just that my life is no longer my own, and is as it originally was designed to be, in the loving hands of God.  I am encouraged by Paul's words, and the Holy Spirit that in this season, despite my feelings and circumstances I am not being separated from God.

P - Dear heavenly Father, thank you for today's lesson, may it be sealed to my heart.  I pray that you continue to sustain this growth and strengthening through you word, and reflection on what your spirit is doing in me.  I pray all this in Jesus name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment