Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Jesus, my savior

Jesus, my savior
S - Hebrews 2:14-18 (NASB)
14 Therefore, since the children share in flesh and blood, He Himself likewise also partook of the same, that through death He might render powerless him who had the power of death, that is, the devil, 15 and might free those who through fear of death were subject to slavery all their lives. 16 For assuredly He does not give help to angels, but He gives help to the descendant of Abraham. 17 Therefore, He had to be made like His brethren in all things, so that He might become a merciful and faithful high priest in things pertaining to God, to make propitiation for the sins of the people. 18 For since He Himself was tempted in that which He has suffered, He is able to come to the aid of those who are tempted.

O - Jesus is not only our perfect savior, sent by God, above the angels, but he is our friend.  He understands our human experiences and struggles, which is why he passionately served us through his suffering and death on the cross.  He has freed us from the power of the devil, and from all fear.   He gives us help to navigate this world, and comes to our aid and intercession with God the Father.   

A -  Just dissecting God's word, written by Paul helps me reflect on who Jesus is in my life.   I am thankful for having had Jesus change my life and being my advocate in this life.  I must remember to lean on him , daily in my seeking to follow God's will for my life.  I need to seek Jesus in my daily circumstances as well as for help from the slippery slope the world is pulling me down.  

P - Dear heavenly Father thank you for today's lesson in you Word.  Thank you for sending Jesus for me, and Jesus thank you for your daily walk and lifting me up.  I need you now more than ever Lord to lift and guide me through this season.  I pray all this in Jesus name, Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment