Saturday, December 29, 2012

Appropriate Reverence of God

Appropriate Reverence of God
S - Rev 11 :15-16 (NASB)
The kingdom of the world has become the kingdom of our Lord and of His Christ; and He will reign forever and ever.” 16 And the twenty-four elders, who sit on their thrones before God, fell on their faces and worshiped God.

O - The twenty four elders, who have been granted thrones before God fell on their face and worshiped God.  This is a testimony to the Glory of God, that these 24 exceptional men chosen to sit before God in heaven, at the moment of God's eternal reign on earth worship God in the most humblest of manners.   

A - As for me I have thought at times I may have been too casual at times during my devotional and worship times.  I have enjoyed the relaxing peace of prayer and studying God's word as a refuge and rejuvenation time.  But I know also recognize the importance of reverence of who God is.  While I rejoice in my close relationship with him through his son , in now means are we equals and he deserves all honor, glory and praise. 

 P - Dear heavenly Father , I do repent and apologize if my worship of you has at all been disrespectful or not fully acknowledging who you are.  I thank you for the tender , caring relationship you have offered me and I pray your Holy Spirit will guide me to steward this relationship well.  In Jesus name I pray, Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment