Thursday, December 20, 2012

Following the Father in all I do

Following the Father in all I do

 S - John 8:28-30 (NASB)
28 So Jesus said, “When you lift up the Son of Man, then you will know that I amHe, and I do nothing on My own initiative, but I speak these things as the Father taught Me.29 And He who sent Me is with Me; He has not left Me alone, for I always do the things that are pleasing to Him.” 30 As He spoke these things, many came to believe in Him.

O - Jesus here is continuing to testify to who he is to the people and the Pharisee's.  He has used many approaches in his teachings and he continues to gather  believers along the way, while those who do not believe continue to not see who he truly is.   In this particular statement He gives testimony to us his followers an example of how we are to live and lead others to a relationship with God.  He says he does nothing on his own initiative but simple does the things His Father, God, taught him.  He also testifies that he is not separated from the Father, and that the things he is doing is pleasing to God.

A - The application for me is to understand that my life is to be modeled after Christ.   I am to speak the things God has taught me.  The truth in love, through his word and his spirit I have been taught and transformed.  I still have things in me that are not from God and I must be careful and discerning to not teach or press those things forward.    I am to stay close to God so that I am not alone in what I am doing.  When I head out on my own I do so at the risk of being separated from God's will and not under his covering. Not that God isn't with me,  I can just at times be out of his will for me life because I am not seeking him or hearing him.  

P -  Dear heavenly Father, thank you for today's lesson, may it be sealed to my heart.  I pray Lord that you would help me to teach the things you have taught me,  that I would listen and stay close to you as I walk out this life.  Lord lead me in this season of seeking what it is you would have me focus my heart, mind,and energy on.  I pray all this in Jesus name,Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment