Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Love is ... the way and the truth and the life

Love is ...  the way and the truth and the life

S - 1 Cor 13:4-7 (NASB)
Love is patient, love is kind and is not jealous; love does not brag and is not arrogant, does not act unbecomingly; it does not seek its own, is not provoked, does not take into account a wrong suffered, does not rejoice in unrighteousness, but rejoices with the truth; bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.

O - Paul as in most of his letters to the church's is writing back to instruct them based on what the spirit is leading him to teach and guide these young church's on how they are to conduct their lives.  What is is interesting is how different from the old testament laws these instructions are.   Instead of telling them what they are to do or not do, he teaches the principles and core values on which they are to conduct their life and make value judgement    The whole law spoke to loving God and loving our neighbors by what it prohibited (coveting neighbors stuff or wife, murder, honoring our parents, placing nothing in our lives above God).  In this letter Paul lays out in ways we can all understand the traits of the love in which we are are to live and strive for.

A -  The application for me is to rejoice in Paul's writing and God's instruction, under the freedom of Christ.  I see now that I have the freedom to love freely with all of these traits.   It doesn't come easy and I can understand that our history prior to Christ in our life may continue to influence our thoughts and flesh if we don't allow our old selves to be crucified with Christ, dieing to our old self and living in a new spirit.    I felt a moment of truth to be revealed to my sister regarding forgiveness in verse that love does no take in to account wrong suffered.  

P - Lord Jesus, thank you for today's lesson, and your devine inspiration to rejuvenate my participation in your word through journaling.  It is an honor and priveledge to be led by you and I pray that you would continue to lead and grow me in this season, and help me to speak your truth into my sisters life in a meaningful way.  I pray all this in Jesus name, Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment