Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Done according to our Faith

Done according to our Faith
S - Math 9:27-30 (NASB)
27 As Jesus went on from there, two blind men followed Him, crying out, “Have mercy on us, Son of David!” 28 When He entered the house, the blind men came up to Him, and Jesus *said to them, “Do you believe that I am able to do this?” They *said to Him, “Yes, Lord.” 29 Then He touched their eyes, saying, It shall be done to you according to your faith.” 30 And their eyes were opened.

O - In the Gospel of Matthew at this point in the story,  Matthew is accounting the numerous, healings, and miracles Jesus performed. Cumulatively they testify to whom Jesus really  is, the Son of God, but also if we watch closely to the responses of the accounts of those who were healed we see the faith required to receive these blessings from God.   The first indication of faith was that those in need of healing heard of Jesus and pursued him for their healing.  When they were able to reach Jesus they asked for mercy.    Both of these steps were steps of faith toward Jesus, but the final expression of faith is their actually healing, for Jesus ask them the question do you believe I am able to heal you, and then he healed them according to their faith.  

A - The application for me is to understand that of importance and concern is not the capabilities and power of our Lord and Savior Jesus, but rather the depth of my faith in Him.   At times I am acutely aware of my greater need for Jesus to save me from my current circumstances, mentally, physically, and/or spiritually.   Sometimes  my prayers seem to get answered immediately, other times it seems to take time.  I wonder how much is done IAW my faith that Jesus is able to change my circumstances.   I must continue to seek to grow in trust and faith of all that Christ has offered.

P - Dear heavenly Father, thank you for today's lesson, may it be sealed to my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment