Monday, October 8, 2012

Weighted down by the worries of life

Weighted down by the worries of life

S - Luke 21:34-36 (NASB)

34 Be on guard, so that your hearts will not be weighted down with dissipation and drunkenness and the worries of life, and that day will not come on you suddenly like a trap; 35 for it will come upon all those who dwell on the face of all the earth. 36 But keep on the alert at all times, praying that you may have strength to escape all these things that are about to take place, and to stand before the Son of Man.”

O - Jesus was describing what it would be like after He was gone physically and before His ultimate return.  The words word perhaps be hard to understand and head by his disciples, but they are True. 

A-  The application for me is that in this season, the worries of life in this world weigh me down.  As I wait on the Lord I must do as Jesus commanded and keep praying that I might be strengthened to escape these worries and be able to stand before Jesus and hold fast to the Truth that he has become in my life.  

P -  Dear heavenly Father, you know my heart,  it is waiting patiently on you, and yet can be troubled by my own thoughts and worries of this world.  I pray Lord simply that you relieve me of the worries of this world, that I might focus on you and your will for my life.  I pray this in Jesus name. 

No comments:

Post a Comment