Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Steward the gifts of God

Steward the gifts of God

S - Luke 16
10 He who is faithful in a very little thing is faithful also in much; and he who is unrighteous in a very little thing is unrighteous also in much. 11 Therefore if you have not been faithful in the use of unrighteous wealth, who will entrust the true riches to you? 12 And if you have not been faithful in the use of that which is another’s, who will give you that which is your own? 

O - Jesus is telling these parables to the leaders and pharisee's to help them see their own sin, and repent.  He is point out that God entrusted the hope of the world in the nation of Israel through his promises to Abraham, Moses, and Jacob.    But because they didn't steward that responsibility well they may not be given the stewardship over God's people for much longer.  

A -  The application for me causes me to search my heart, mind and soul to see if I am a good steward of what God has given me.   I recognize that in this season I have felt like less of a steward of God's gifts.   I must examine my daily activity and see if I am being faithful.  While my desire is not be in charge of much, it is to impact lives, so I must be a good steward of the resources and gifts he has given me.

P- Dear heavenly Father, thank you for today's lesson and thank you for your incredible gifts of mercy, grace, and blessings you pour out on me and my family.  Jesus help me to steward these all well and honor you in all I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment