Thursday, October 4, 2012

Rebuke sin, and providing forgivenss

Rebuke sin, and providing forgivenss

S - Luke 17
Be on your guard! If your brother sins, rebuke him; and if he repents, forgive him. And if he sins against you seven times a day, and returns to you seven times, saying, ‘I repent,’ forgive him.”

O - Jesus here is teaching his disciples the grace and love of God and how we are show the same love and grace to our brothers and sisters.   We are not to embitter our hearts when sinned against, but rather rebuke the sin, and if repentance appears,  provide forgiveness;  even if this is over and over again. 

A -  The application for me is to understand that I am not to passive sit by and watch sin impact peoples lives, but rather rebuke it for the cause of repentance and freedom from sin in peoples lives.  I must have courage in the face of sin, in my sin, in the sins of others to rebuke it.   

P - Dear heavenly Father, thank you for this lesson  may it transform my heart, mind and soul. I pray Lord you would give me the courage to rebuke sin in a way that honors you, and in a way that draws people to honest repentance.   I pray you would fill my soul with your love and grace for those you place in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment