Tuesday, September 12, 2017

Staying true and humble



S - Daniel 3
13 Then Nebuchadnezzar in rage and anger gave orders to bring Shadrach, Meshach and Abed-nego; then these men were brought before the king. 14 Nebuchadnezzar responded and said to them, “Is it true, Shadrach, Meshach and Abed-nego, that you do not serve my gods or worship the golden image that I have set up? 15 Now if you are ready, at the moment you hear the sound of the horn, flute, lyre, trigon, psaltery and bagpipe and all kinds of music, to fall down and worship the image that I have made, very well. But if you do not worship, you will immediately be cast into the midst of a furnace of blazing fire; and what god is there who can deliver you out of my hands?”
16 Shadrach, Meshach and Abed-nego replied to the king, “O Nebuchadnezzar, we do not need to give you an answer concerning this matter. 17 If it be so, our God whom we serve is able to deliver us from the furnace of blazing fire; and He will deliver us out of your hand, O king. 18 But even if He does not, let it be known to you, O king, that we are not going to serve your gods or worship the golden image that you have set up.”

O- I love this passage in the book of Daniel where we see Shadrach, Meshach, Abednago response to Nebuchadner demand that they worship false gods. They didn't indignantly approach the king and say there is no way were going to do that.  Instead of the responded humbly letting the King know that there is likely no way they would ever follow his order because they're God can both deliver them from the furnace or, even if he doesn't we we don't intend to worship other gods. This response is humble in that it doesn't completely poke the king in the eye but lets them know what their faith in there God truly is.

A-The application for me is when I faced situations where people are challenging me to follow their ways, and I know I need to follow God's ways that I can respond or both humbly and with great clarity that I do not intend to violate my own values, or or direction that I've given that I've been given from my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. It is this integrity that will both go our fear and respect. Fear of the guy that I follow and respect for me as an individualWho lives according to his values.


P-dear heavenly father thank you for the devotional this morning, helping me learn both to humbly respond to people who are challenging me, and staying true to the one true God. Help me Lord to be patient to hear their words through you so I can understand their hearts and speak to the core issue if you were calling me to do so. But in all cases Lord help strengthen my knowledge and relationship with you so that I one might know you more and draw closer to you, and represent you well in front of those who don't especially those who are challenging personalities in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment