Monday, September 18, 2017

Freedom in Christ alone

Freedom in Christ Alone
S - Luke 2 
 But the angel said to them, “Do not be afraid; for behold, I bring you good news of great joy which will be for all the people; 11 for today in the city of David there has been born for you a Savior, who is Christ the Lord. 12 This will be a sign for you: you will find a baby wrapped in cloths and lying in a manger.” 13 And suddenly there appeared with the angel a multitude of the heavenly host praising God and saying,
14 “Glory to God in the highest, And on earth peace among men with whom He is pleased.”

O- My observation is one of joy to just observe the birth of Jesus and all it's glory. And I try to put myself in the place of the shepherd's who are receiving this news that a Savior was born, the Christ. It must have been hard to understand and believe, but at the same time a blessing to receive the message from the angel which made it also clear and undeniable what was happening.

A. -  The application for me is to understand that I need to rejoice in the truth that is Jesus. His birth , death and resurrection were a gift of God to me and to all of us. Therefore my attitude must be aligned with the knowledge of who Jesus is and what he has done in my life. At times I get down and discouraged because of circumstances around me, but I need to remember who Jesus is and what he has done. It is because of this that I have  hope and not in myself but hope in  the finished work of Jesus Christ.


P - dear heavenly father thank you Lord for today's Scripture and for your spirits presence in my life. Or I pray that you will help find me daily of you you are and what you've already done and lord you would help me with the battle in my mind to remember who's help I need to look to when facing challenging circumstances. Help me to remember that you're yoke is lighter than when I try to carry the burdens myself. I pray all this in Jesus name amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment