Wednesday, September 6, 2017

Seeing our circumstances through gods eyes


S - revelations 11
7 When they have finished their testimony, the beast that comes up out of the abyss will make war with them, and overcome them and kill them. 8 And their dead bodies will lie in the street of the great city which mystically is called Sodom and Egypt, where also their Lord was crucified. 9 Those from the peoples and tribes and tongues and nations will look at their dead bodies for three and a half days, and will not permit their dead bodies to be laid in a tomb. 10And those who dwell on the earth will rejoice over them and celebrate; and they will send gifts to one another, because these two prophets tormented those who dwell on the earth.
11 But after the three and a half days, the breath of life from God came into them, and they stood on their feet; and great fear fell upon those who were watching them. 12 And they heard a loud voice from heaven saying to them, “Come up here.” Then they went up into heaven in the cloud, and their enemies watched them. 13 And in that hour there was a great earthquake, and a tenth of the city fell; seven thousand people were killed in the earthquake, and the rest were terrified and gave glory to the God of heaven.

O - this chapter in revelations is about 2 profits in Jerusalem who are testifying to the nations of things to come. Then the beast who is in the Abyss, i.e. Satan, comes back and challenges to profits appears to have defeated them.   It is then that those few who have not choosen to follow God rejoice because they're tired of being tormented are these two profits. And that is it seals their fate.  The last part though won't surprise a Christian believer but to those in in time that it will come to us as surprise as the Lord raises up the two profits again and restores them to heaven while all those who doubted them watch and then the Lords cast his judgment on those people .

A.  I think the action for me out of this is just to understand how truly consistent God is and how he operates and what he lays down as truth. So all of the things that are written and told in the Bible God considers solid ground on which his promises will come true. As believers there are times of doubt when circumstance  surrounding us don't appear to match God's promises. But I'm reminded even in the case of these two profits that though the circumstances look perilous, God is still in control and his promises are true. So it is up to me not to see the world through the world colored glasses,  but to continue to see the world through God or scripture inspired glasses. 

P- dear heavenly father thank you so much for helping me get back to my daily devotions Lord I know you don't condemn me for not doing them on any given day but you do you assess my heart and know that and maybe I just confess that the busyness of work and sometimes begin to overtake my thoughts. Thank you Lord for this reminder and really inspiration to continue to dig into your word and start seeing  A renewed view of the world through your eyes and not my own. Lord I ask that you would give me in the very toughest of circumstances that I face ahead of you of the situation from your perspective, Lord and help help my heart and mind nowhere to pour my energy which really comes from you Lord. I pray all of this in Jesus Christ name amen.Seeing our circumstances through gods eyes

No comments:

Post a Comment