Wednesday, June 7, 2017

Triple braided cord

S - Ecclesiastes 2
7 I observed yet another example of something meaningless under the sun. 8 This is the case of a man who is all alone, without a child or a brother, yet who works hard to gain as much wealth as he can. But then he asks himself, “Who am I working for? Why am I giving up so much pleasure now?” It is all so meaningless and depressing.

9 Two people are better off than one, for they can help each other succeed. 10 If one person falls, the other can reach out and help. But someone who falls alone is in real trouble. 11 Likewise, two people lying close together can keep each other warm. But how can one be warm alone? 12 A person standing alone can be attacked and defeated, but two can stand back-to-back and conquer. Three are even better, for a triple-braided cord is not easily broken.

O - I  am so thankful God has gifted me with wife and kids.  Solomon points out this blessing here in ecclesiastes which at  times can be a little negative but he really points out to me that life is meanigless without anyone to share your life with and without people to live for.  Secondly he points out that the strength of having someone who has your back and is standing for  you is so much better than being alone;  even more so is three braided cord for it is not easily broken.

A -  For Abby and I this is the image we have of our marriage, a triple braided cord in which Christ is the third cord that helps strengthen us.    This truth is proven over and over and of recent when I felt like a weak strand,  and the strength of Christ helped hold us together,  and Abby strength to back me up and wait patiently on me and Lord has helped us through a valley season.   My heart has had trouble seeing the positive in cirumstances of late, and this scripture helps me understand that God is with me, I am blessed to have Abby by my side, and that I should hang on to this important triple braided relationship.  

P - Dear heavenly Father, please help me see things through your eyes,  my heart and mind are not seeing clearly in many circumstances and i so desire to see things your ways, so I may rejoice in what you are doing, instead of disparing over what is not happening.   Plant this wisdom in my heart, and change my mind, so that I might embrace and celebrate the triple braided cord.

No comments:

Post a Comment