Monday, June 26, 2017

Restoring joy and peace

S 2 Tim 2
22 Run from anything that stimulates youthful lusts. Instead, pursue righteous living, faithfulness, love, and peace. Enjoy the companionship of those who call on the Lord with pure hearts.

O- Paul's guidance to Timothy was based on wisdom and the holy spirit, knowing what challenges we all face when it comes to following gods plan for our lives.  The things we chased as young men like wealth , popularity, recognition  all distract from focusing on what God has planned for us. 

A- the application for me is to recognize how susceptible I am still to wanting things of the world  instead of a righteous life.   I feel the relief of a burden lifted coming out of this season, knowing my focus has been restored, and the distractions of a wanting and comparing life are heavy.

P dear love
Rd thank you for sticking with me through this last season, I couldn't have made it through without your grace and mercy.   I thank you for what your spirit is doing in me to restore the joy and peace in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment