Saturday, June 24, 2017

Store up the right treasure

S 1 Tim 6
17 Teach those who are rich in this world not to be proud and not to trust in their money, which is so unreliable. Their trust should be in God, who richly gives us all we need for our enjoyment. 18 Tell them to use their money to do good. They should be rich in good works and generous to those in need, always being ready to share with others. 19 By doing this they will be storing up their treasure as a good foundation for the future so that they may experience true life.

O - the potential of money is both for downfall of men and of great good.  When money leads to pride and a feeling of independence from dependence on God it leads to man's fall.  When trusting in God's provision  we are able to live a good and generous life.

A the application for me is to continue to shift my trust from myself to the Lord for provision.   I first need to trust financially the present situation as we move to Bremerton,  and work my way back to the abundant and generous lifestyle that please see the Lord and brings joy to our lives.

P  Lord I pray that your holy spirit guide me to putting my trust financially in your hand.  I pray this in Jesus name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment