Sunday, June 25, 2017

Spirig of power, love, an self discipline

S - 2 Tim 1
6 This is why I remind you to fan into flames the spiritual gift God gave you when I laid my hands on you. 7 For God has not given us a spirit of fear and timidity, but of power, love, and self-discipline.

O-what great words of  encouragement from Paul to Timothy.   Timothy was left to support one of the churches that he and Paul had started,  and Paul understood the challenges and discouragement he would face but Paulsm reminder was a great reminder of what we all have in our relationship with God.  We have the holy spirit in us,  which is a spirit of power, love and self discipline,   not of fear and timidness.

A THE Application for me is to beginnwalking again in the spirit of godly power, love, and self discipline.   The season of be lead by fear and timidity  is over.

P dear heavenly father I pray your spirit in me take over and conquer the spirit of fear and timidity in me.  I confess I allowed these spirits to dwell in me,  and promise to be on guard and not let them take residence in my life again.

No comments:

Post a Comment