Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Submit myself to my wife

1co.7.4-5.nasb
 The wife does not have authority over her own body, but the husband does; and likewise also the husband does not have authority over his own body, but the wife does.  Stop depriving one another, except by agreement for a time, so that you may devote yourselves to prayer, and come together again so that Satan will not tempt you because of your lack of self-control.

O -  Paul's exposition of marriage comes in context and from God's own truth about marriage.   I believe we can start with the fact that in heaven there is no marriage, but there is much love,  this affirms Pauls sentiment that not getting married, if possible is preferrred, but instead to be wholly devoted to God.   God recognizes during creation that it is not good for man to be alone and gives him a helpmate in Eve, so God acknowledges something special about man on earth being in need of companionship/fellowship with one other on very special terms.   Now we get to verses 4-5 of the scripture where Paul says it is good to get married because for most it is impossible to live the celibate life, therefore we are to give ourselves in marriage fully in a manner pleasing to God, and that enhances our relationship with God and not harms it.  

A - The application for me and my marriage to recognize the need to submit myself physically, emotionally, and in many ways spiritually to my wife.  Not to deprive her of her physical, spiritual and emotional needs. In this trying season, I must submit myself to here to love her in a way that honors God, and ensures the enemy has no foothold in our lives.

P - Dear heavenly Father, thank you for keeping me in your word, I will continue to seek your face through prayer and your word, waiting on devine restoration, revelation, and healing in this season.  Despite my feelings, I am asking for strength to stay connected, to wait patiently on you Lord.  If there is any unrighteousness in me Lord I pray that you reveal it that I may repent of it and be slowly rebuilt in the image that you created me to be.  I pray all this in Jesus name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment