Monday, November 16, 2015

Christ in me

S- 2co.4.7-10.nasb
But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, so that the surpassing greatness of the power will be of God and not from ourselves; we are afflicted in every way, but not crushed; perplexed, but not despairing; persecuted, but not forsaken; struck down, but not destroyed; always carrying about in the body the dying of Jesus, so that the life of Jesus also may be manifested in our body.

O   - Paul describes the life with Christ in us as Christians.   They are sobering words of encouragement, exhortation and the reality of who Christ is in us.   This paradigm so differs from the perspective the people had prior to Christ coming and dieing for us.  They had parallel experiences,  God in the Temple,  a priest who interceded on their behalf,  affliction and challenges.  Now this is the power of Christ, that He is our High priest,  lives in us,  guides us,  intercedes for us.  Once we have allowed Him in, He resides in us and does not let us go.

A - The application for me is an acknowledgement that it was not in my power that Christ came to dwell in me but a decision God made on my behalf, long before I was born.  I have chose to accept this sacrifice and invite Christ into my life and He is with and for me.   Though I may walk through circumstances that bring my spirit down,  His Spirit resides in me and interecedes on my behalf.  I belong to Him.  

P -  Lord thank you for your sacrifice, that you died for my sins and dwell in my heart, interceding with the Father on my behalf.  I pray Lord you lead me in this season to  your will, and strengthen me in your ways.  I pray that Lord you cast out the spirit of despair and replace it with your spirit of hope and love.  I pray all this in Jesus name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment