Monday, November 9, 2015

Gods wisdom should reign in me

S  - pro.8.10-11.nasb
 "Take my instruction and not silver, And knowledge rather than choicest gold. "For wisdom is better than jewels; And all desirable things cannot compare with her.

O-I know here Solomon speaks from the voice of wisdom as to what to embrace , wealth, or fortune versus understanding and knowledge.   As he woo's us away from fortune to wisdom,   I believe God means to draw us near to Him and far from the enticements of the world.   "For wisdom is better than Jewels"  and God is the source of true wisdom.  Thoughts and knowledge of successfully rich and perverse men are the opposite of wisdom.

A - The application for me is to reject the perceived wisdom of the world. To lay down any previous thoughts or beliefs I may have hidden in my heart about what success is.   I must review and live by the wisdom and guidance of what God has planted in me.   I must dig out the weeds of old knowledge and put them to rest.   I must not mourn this lost, but mourn the effect of these possessions of old.

P - Dear heavenly Father, thank you for not giving up on me.  I pray that today's wisdom from your word, would continue to weed out the untruth that lies in my heart.  I pray Lord to replace my past with your future, my thoughts with your wisdom, my desires with your purposes.  I pray this in Jesus name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment