Friday, February 27, 2015

Do not let offense defile my heart

S -  Mark 7:14-23 (NASB)
14After He called the crowd to Him again, He began saying to them, "Listen to Me, all of you, and understand: 15there is nothing outside the man which can defile him if it goes into him; but the things which proceed out of the man are what defile the man. 16[If anyone has ears to hear, let him hear."]
17When he had left the crowd and entered the house, His disciples questioned Him about the parable. 18And He said to them, "Are you so lacking in understanding also? Do you not understand that whatever goes into the man from outside cannot defile him, 19because it does not go into his heart, but into his stomach, and is eliminated?" (Thus He declared all foods clean.) 20And He was saying, "That which proceeds out of the man, that is what defiles the man. 21For from within, out of the heart of men, proceed the evil thoughts, fornications, thefts, murders, adulteries, 22deeds of coveting and wickedness, as well as deceit, sensuality, envy, slander, pride and foolishness. 23All these evil things proceed from within and defile the man."



O -  These verse comes from Jesus after some pharisee's and scribes ask him why his disciples don't ceremonially wash their hands before eating.  He rebukes them because their traditions are over riding God's commandments.  

A - The application is instantly piercing to my heart because I know my words have the power to destroy, and that what comes out of me is not always of God and comes from inside from the unclean ness of my own heart.   I know the Lord is asking me to unload the baggage and stop taking it in.  I must not harbor offenses and hold on to them tight, as when it comes time to speak and act, it is these offense that I vomit up and defile me, my witness, and does not honor the people God has called me to love.

P - Dear heavenly Father, thank you for today's lesson, may it be sealed to my heart.  Lord I ask that you make my heart like Teflon, which not of the offenses my head thinks I am receiving I would allow to stick to my heart and later come out rotten  trash.   I pray all this in Jesus name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment