Thursday, February 7, 2013

Serving humbly with love

Serving humbly with love
S - 1 Peter 4:7-11 (NASB)
7 The end of all things is near; therefore, be of sound judgment and sober spirit for the purpose of prayer .8 Above all, keep fervent in your love for one another, because love covers a multitude of sins.9 Be hospitable to one another without complaint.10 As each one has received a special gift, employ it in serving one another as good stewards of the manifold grace of God.11 Whoever speaks, is to do so as one who is speaking the utterances of God; whoever serves is to do so as one who is serving by the strength which God supplies; so that in all things God may be glorified through Jesus Christ, to whom belongs the glory and dominion forever and ever. Amen


O - Service with humble and positive spirit is the calling of Christ.   To serve with love, without complaint,  using our gifts and strengths that God has given is the key to every Godly endeavor.   Our words should match our actions, and our attitudes.  Peter here is exhorted the early church that in all that we do we are to look to serve one another, and in order to cover what is ultimately our nature and flaws we simply need to cover them with our love,  putting on Christ,  even when our flesh is driving us another direction.

A - The application for me to put on Christ each day and humbly serve with love.   If I continue to do this and cast my anxiety on God,  releasing and dieing to my fleshing desires and concerns I can continue to be a light in a dark .


P - Lord thank you for your word and encouragement today.  Help me Lord to cast all my anxiety on you and trust in your ways to humbly serve with love.   I pray lord you help remove any callousness that may have built up over my heart and mind in this past season.  I pray to be able to see the truth of who you are in me, and that you would restore and strengthen my confidence in my calling to serve the people and places you have me.  I pray all this in Jesus name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment