Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Praise Him in the mighty expanse

Praise Him in the mighty expanse

S - Psalm 150 (NASB)
1 Praise the LORD!
Praise God in His sanctuary;
Praise Him in His mighty expanse.
2 Praise Him for His mighty deeds;
Praise Him according to His excellent greatness. 3 Praise Him with trumpet sound;
Praise Him with harp and lyre.
4 Praise Him with timbrel and dancing;
Praise Him with stringed instruments and pipe.
5 Praise Him with loud cymbals;
Praise Him with resounding cymbals.
6 Let everything that has breath praise the LORD.
Praise the LORD!

O - Boy I know this psalm is ripe for controversy amongst Christian church's today.  This does not worry me, as it speaks to my soul and inspires me personally.  The heart of David to Praise God in everyway possible is one that is not lost on me.  I catch his heart to praise God everywhere and to everyone, and by everything, because that is simply put just how great God is, and He is worthy of our praise.   Now David describes music, and dancing as a way to praise God, including "resounding cymbals" (boy would our neighbor at Alvah Scott Elementary not be happy about that).    We see David recognizing even before the Gospel is received that we are not to just be holy on Sundays and while in the sanctuary, but to give praise to God wherever and whenever we are!

A - The application for me is to press forward into myself and those I am leading to seek to praise God in all that He is doing, in all circumstances, and by all means available.    To unashamedly give him credit and praise Him for all he is doing, and to recognize that there is no format or forum that is not worthy of being redeemed for Him.

P - Dear heavenly Father, thank you for all that you have done in my life, I thank you for recent blessings regarding Waiau Garden Villas as well as for the great work you are doing at and in me at New Hope Aiea, and the shipyard.  You are the great creator, the great planner, and the great executor of my life, and I am so thankful for all you are doing to draw me near to you.  I pray Lord you would inspire and equip me to praise you in new creative ways, that redeem what the world has created, all to be redeemed for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment