Thursday, August 19, 2010

Seek the Lord and be glad

Seek the Lord and be glad

S - Psalm 105:3 (NASB)
     3Glory in His holy name;
         Let the heart of those who seek the LORD be glad.
    4Seek the LORD and His strength;
         Seek His face continually.
    5Remember His wonders which He has done,
         His marvels and the judgments uttered by His mouth, 
O - The Lord is reminding me through this scripture that just seeking him continuously in my life, daily, moment by moment, and eventually continuously is enough.  I am to seek Him for guidance, strength and then remember all of the things God has done in my life in the past, so that I can patiently wait on Him, and trust in His promises.

A -  The application for me today is to rejoice (be glad) in the fact I can and do seek Him.   I am also reminded to strive to seek Him continually in the small moments and the margins in my day where I can become confident in myself or in times where I am worried an assured.  The last application is to look back week, month, and yearly and take time to reflect and "marvel" at what He has done in my life.

P - Dear heavenly Father, thank you for today's lesson, may it be sealed to my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment