Friday, August 20, 2010

A nations decline

A nations decline
S - Jer 49:4 (NASB)
4"How boastful you are about the valleys!
Your valley is flowing away,
O backsliding daughter
Who trusts in her treasures, saying,
'Who will come against me?'

O - This warning is to the people of Judah prior to their impending defeat and captivity in Babylon. But it feels relevant today as a warning to the United States, the country I live in and love. Though we are facing declining economic times, declining moral and spiritual times, and a slowing slipping from the position of world leader, we continue with a degree of arrogance or denial of the potential doom in our future.

A - I believe the application for me is not to begin dooms day countdown or begin proclaiming America is defeated, but rather recognize the arrogance that is presence, and be humble in my leadership of others. I am also feeling stirred to do my part to help my country come out of the backsliding, and to stop counting its treasures as its security, but rather trust in our God who has made this nation of our great.

P - Dear heavenly Father, thank you for the gift of your word, and the humbling of my heart. I pray Lord for my country, USA, for its leaders, for the leaders you have annointed to rise up and proclaim your name, and your lordship over our country. I pray this in Jesus name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment