Friday, August 27, 2010

Blessed in my calling

Blessed in my calling
S - Psalm 144:1 (NASB)
1Blessed be the LORD, my rock,
Who trains my hands for war,
And my fingers for battle;

O - I feel like the Lord is saying to me, "Joe I created you for the job I have you in. I have trained you through experience, education, and now my spirit, so that you might do a mighty work among the people I placed you amongst." I think this is how David was feeling when he wrote this Psalm, that his hands and fingers were trained and directed to do the work God had him doing. He did not worry that his role was to go do battle, and not rest peacefully at God's feet or serve in the temple.

A - For me this is a tension at times and a relief at other times; to know that the work that I am doing may not be work for a church, but that God has me where he wants me to do kingdom work in my workplace, specifically for this season at Pearl Harbor Naval Shipyard. I am to embrace the role he has given me, to bring what he has trained me to do as His servant to the shipyard to be a servant and shepherd leader.

P - Dear heavenly Father, thank you for todays word , may it be sealed to my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment