Thursday, July 26, 2018

Shine my light to all the world

Shine my light to all people 
S-Isaiah 49 NIV
6 he says:“It is too small a thing for you to be my servant to restore the tribes of Jacob    and bring back those of Israel I have kept. I will also make you a light for the Gentiles, that my salvation may reach to the ends of the earth.”

O-  God is speaking to the Israel through Isaiah.  They have been exile to Babylon and and a remnant of them remain in Jerusalem.  He will bring them back and restore them,  through Christ he will redeem them.  His plan is not just to restore the tribes of Israel but to redeem the gentiles as well so that all people will have hope in their salvation through the sacrifice of one, Jesus Christ.   

A - The application for me is to recognize that I am light to the world and that God wishes to safe all of his creation.   At work, at home, with my friends and family, I am to be a light.   My struggle comes at times when I allow how I am feeling determine if I shine my light.  During times of great stress and challenge, I am motivated and built to naturally shine my light.  My challenge lies in times of quite and rest during these seasons in between.   The summer has provided great rest and respite, but I find my moods and emotions not being where I wish I was when I was charging forward.   I know the answer lies in the daily sitting at the Lords feet and asking him to show me where he wants me to shine my light and then taking the talents he has given me and the strength he has provided and go forth and preach the Gospel to all nations.


P - Dear Heavenly Father, thank you for today’s lesson may it be sealed to my heart.  Lord help me understood who and where I am to shine my light today.   I pray all this in Jesus name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment