Tuesday, February 20, 2018

A heart after God’s own heart

 Heart after God’s own heart
S -Psalm 23 (NIV)

A psalm of David.

1 The Lord is my shepherd,
I lack nothing.
2     He makes me lie down in green pastures,
he leads me beside quiet waters,
3     he refreshes my soul.  
He guides me along the right paths for his name’s sake.
4 Even though I walk through the darkest valley,
I will fear no evil, for you are with me;
your rod and your staff,  they comfort me.   
5 You prepare a tablebefore me in the presence of my enemies.
You anoint my head with oil;
my cup overflows.   
6 Surely your goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life,
and I will dwell in the house of the Lord    forever. 

O -  David’s poem is one of the most know for a reason.  It cuts to the core of who God is and who we ought to be.     David,  a man after God’s heart shows that we are to position ourselves - heart, mind, and soul in this same way with regard to God. 

A - The application for me is to recognize I can have the same attitude as David, because I believe everything he writes about who God is , and what he does.   He is my Shepherd, and has shepherded me through life even before I knew him.    He has laid me down in green pastures, and led me beside quiet waters to rest and rejuvenate following tough seasons.  He has guided me through the darkest valley’s and never forsaken me.   He has put me before my enemies and provide a way.   He has given me the mantle of leadership at home, at work, and at times in the church.    I have confidence that God will always be with me all of my days, and then forever in eternity.


P - Dear Heavenly Father, thank you for today’s lesson, may it be sealed to my heart.  I  am so grateful for your grace, sacrifice and love and look forward to our walk together into eternity.

No comments:

Post a Comment