Tuesday, December 19, 2017

Participating in God’s ministry where He is working


Participating in God’s ministry where He is working
S - John 5

19Therefore Jesus answered and was saying to them, “Truly, truly, I say to you, the Son can do nothing of Himself, unless it is something He sees the Father doing; for whatever the Father does, these things the Son also does in like manner. 20“For the Father loves the Son, and shows Him all things that He Himself is doing; and the Father will show Him greater works than these, so that you will marvel. 21“For just as the Father raises the dead and gives them life, even so the Son also gives life to whom He wishes. 22“For not even the Father judges anyone, but He has given all judgment to the Son, 23so that all will honor the Son even as they honor the Father. He who does not honor the Son does not honor the Father who sent Him.

O - Jesus here is speaking to a group of Jews that were accusing him of doing work not the sabbath after healing a crippled man on the Sabbath? The point though he is making verses 19 through 22 is that he is not doing these things out of a self interest or just showing off for showing off sake, he is healing because this is God‘s will in this situation,  and what is more important following God’s will, who by the way is the Lord of the Sabbath, or following Jewish tradition.    You see God has a plan, He is had it from the beginning, and his will be done here on earth as His will is done in heaven. Jesus examples this as He is shows that while here on earth the Son just sees what the Father himself is doing and participates. He then shares an interesting twist in that he says God does not judge anyone for has he has turned that over to his Son, so that all will look up to and honor Jesus for who He is , our Savior.

A-The application for me is to recognize I am to be come more and more Christlike each and every day as I walk with the holy spirit here on earth. I am to seek with the Father is doing and participate. I am to see the problem sins of the world and seek to be Jesus his eyes ears and hands, but I am not the judge that job has been given to Jesus And I must resist but I think that create separation between men which is judgment, especially judgment falsely laid down.

P- Dear heavenly father thank you for your leadership of my life. Thank you for today’s devotion may it be the sealed to my heart. I pray Lord that you would allow me to die to the need to judge, and have ears that hear and eyes that see what you are doing here today in my in around my life.I pray all of this in Jesus Christ name amen.


Attachment.png

No comments:

Post a Comment